Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day Back at Work

It is the first day back from the holiday. About half of the office is ex-pats so there was a mass exodus a few days before Christmas. Today, most people are making the big return.


The moment you walk into the office you start to hear the Happy New Years! Everyone is smiling and refreshed. They are exchanging stories of how the powder was wherever it was that they went skiing, how they miss the sun from their vacation or making jokes about relatives they are happy they won't have to see for another year.


People are walking around the office passing out treats from the holidays, intent on keeping their own New Years Resolutions at the expense of their colleagues. (Namely, me!)


So, early in the morning, with chocolate already in my belly and still hearing stories and the chorus of Happy New Year all around me, I am grateful for this first day back, this job that I love and this city that is full of romance and mystery.


Happy New Years to all of you. I hope that 2010 shames every year that has come before it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Years!!

    You make Turkey sound so wonderful (I'm sure it is) but I love how you describe it--magical & romantic.

    Must visit one day Inshallah!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...