Monday, April 9, 2012

NYC Day 1

via ChicagoTribune
Arthur Miller is my favorite American playwright and Death of a Salesman is my second favorite play of his so I was so excited when I saw that it was playing in New York. I didn't think we would be able to get tickets so last minute because it had been sold out from the beginning but decided to give Craigslist a try. We ended up scoring great seats in the center of Orchestra. 

I was so excited to see Philip Seymour Hoffman in the role of Willy Loman. Twenty minutes into the play I forgot that he was Philip Seymour Hoffman and only saw Willy Loman. That is the mark of someone who has really mastered their craft. I think Andrew Garfield will come into the character more as he plays it. He is doing a great job with it but I would love to see him really unleash his anger in the scenes where Biff is trying to get through to his dad. 

Overall, just a great play. We had just expected to see the celebrities in the cast but sitting a couple of rows ahead of us were Leonardo Dicaprio and Tobey Maguire.  We also saw Ethan Coen and Dennis Leary among some others. It was kind of cool for us but it made me think of how difficult it is to be a celebrity. I would hate my face which made it so hard for me to live a normal existence. 

Other than seeing the show, we have been getting all over New York because Feraz has never really been. On Saturday we went to a diner for breakfast (no good diners in DC!), to the Met, the Highline, Chelsea Market and the Halal Guys cart. Here are a few pictures of our adventures.

The MET never disappoints.
Loved the new Islamic Art exhibit. 
Strolled through Central Park. What a difference in the trees from DC!
Every street should have an outdoor florist.
We found this amazing little Turkish restaurant quite randomly.
Piping hot bread was brought to the table.



Loving our little holiday so far. More updates tomorrow. T minus 32 hours until PULP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...