Thursday, May 3, 2012

God loves me. (and you too.)

via Pinterest.


“For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord . . . plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11

Every day I pass by the Third Church of Christ in DC which has this verse etched in giant letters on it. It is such a peaceful reminder and somehow I find I can never be reminded of it enough.

We are not given hardships to hurt us, to make us bitter or angry. We are not given hardships to destroy us. We are given hardships to help us become stronger, to make us more beautiful and to prepare us for what better things are to come. I know it is so easy to lose sight of that.

When we face the difficulties in our lives with grace, patience and hope, we are closer to the people we want to be. It is easy to complain and to lose faith. But it is also easy to say it is ok, I can handle this, I am strong and I am good. As human spirits, we were not created to be defeated. We were created to survive.

Even though life can be difficult, we wake up each day and we meet it, don't we? I want to meet life with openness and faith.

In the Bible, in the Torah, in Buddhist teachings, in the Quran, in the mountains, in the rivers, in my spirit, God has made a promise to me. He has given me a promise of hope, a promise to love me and a promise of a beautiful future. I trust Him to fulfill His Promise.

(Today I am grateful for not being embarrassed to write about God's love for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...