Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Road Trippin

Hi friends! Sorry for the absence but the wedding was all consuming and I didn't think you would want to read post after post about how tired I was! All the hard work and planning paid off and Qasar and Val had a beautiful and memorable wedding. The best compliment paid to it was that it felt just like being in Pakistan! It sure did! I loved having all our extended family around. Seeing everyone so happy and enjoying themselves was the best part of the break by far. I also loved seeing old friends and people from the community.  DC has its perks but its no Michigan!

I didn't get a chance to take many pictures but I promise to blog about all the wedding festivities once I have some photo documentation to go along with the posts. In the meantime, here are pictures from our road trip from Michigan to DC. Hope you enjoy!

Every good road trip begins with you waking up just as your husband walks into the room with coffee and donuts to eat in bed!
We opted for healthy snacks for the car though. Snack shot 1.
I feel really lucky to be able to read in the car without getting sick. I got through a good deal of my book which I've had sitting around for a few weeks now.
My turn as DJ included this and a lot more like it.
Healthy (?) snack 2. So good!
Feraz had Fahad turn on the Euros on his TV and put the phone by it so he could hear what was going on. True story.
England scored! This was preceded by a fist pump and yell.

Doesn't everyone want to wear a mask and take random pictures? 1 of many.
Nice truck.
Our ride. We fell in love with this car. Drives great and holds so much stuff. Life is full of surprises.
Almost in Pennsylvania. 

Must be time for another picture. 2 of many.
Snack 3. Has nuts. Is healthy.
Reflection. 3 of many.
Always looking good.

4 of many.
Not even staged. What a man.
Gulab jaman in parking lot. 5 of many.
Almost home!
Grateful for dumbwaiter.

Came home to all these sweet surprises! Perfect ending to a great road trip.

And a little treat for you who can't eat these goodies.



(Today I am grateful to be home and for courage.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...