Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Reflections on Obama's Projected Win

I am glad that there is someone in office who will appoint Democratic Supreme Court justices to keep the Court more balanced. I am relieved that women's reproductive rights will remain protected. I am proud that Americans have overwhelmingly taken a stance that all citizens of this country, regardless of sexual orientation, deserve basic civil rights. But I struggle with the fact that we have a two party system, that most my friends vote on party lines without considering individual candidates, that party affiliations have stagnated our political process and that people fail to realize that unless they give their local candidates and issues as much attention as the presidential election, we will never truly build a more perfect union.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...