Saturday, May 18, 2013

Water.org


One of my earliest memories is my mom walking through our village to get water from the well at my grandparent's house. We used this water to drink, do our washing and bathe. We were lucky, even though my mom had to go out to get the water, unlike almost 800 MILLION people, we had access to clean, safe water.

The problem is enormous but we can make a difference. One in eight people don't have safe water meaning each morning they scavenge to survive. Lack of safe water and sanitation impacts a family's health, keeps children from getting an education, and traps millions in a cycle of poverty.

In just over two weeks, I will be turning 30. In memory of where I came from and with the hope of living to see a world where safe water is accessible to everyone, I am asking that instead of going out to lunch or dinner, you contribute that money to water.org. Lets work together to create the type of world we want to live in!

http://give.water.org/f/sumeerayounis/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...