Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall and waiting


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. -George Eliot



I often miss Michigan but I miss it most when I feel the first chill of Fall. I remember standing at the bus stop as a new school year began. I remember donuts, cider mills, the crunch of leaves and the feeling of a soft sweater. I remember piles of leaves taller than me. I remember the thrill of Halloween approaching and the complete exhilaration of having a pillowcase full of candy.

Perhaps the greatest thing about having children is getting to experience all those things again- trying to see those moments through their eyes. Dear baby, I know you are out there but please find your way to our home soon. We are so anxiously waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...