Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Covid Schedule - Day Three

Day two went really well and the schedule continues to be really useful for us generally. Since the weather was so great yesterday, the kids stayed out at the Arboretum for longer than we had planned. This, of course, is totally fine. If the kids are really immersed in something, I always prefer deep play over moving on to the next thing.

Nia is focused during puzzle time. Probably need to get her some other puzzles.

Nouri doing her share at morning meeting.

Na'eel had his first (we think) and second and fifth and seventh pakora tonight!

My evening devolved into reading about virus implications and then working so I got basically nothing done and felt a bit  anxious going to bed. My Whoop says that I had three disturbances last night but I swear I was up the whole night tossing and turning. I'll share some resources that I'm going to try to follow soon.

Day 3 Schedule: 

8:00 am – 9:00 am
Wake kids up, brush teeth, change clothes, potty and breakfast
Breakfast: Overnight oats.

Check-in feelings and circle time to say welcome.

Papa’s turn to share.
9:00 am – 10:30 am
Bath and Structured free play
Today we will do bath and the kid that isn’t in the bath can do Magnatiles. Clean up begins at 10:20.
10:30 am – 11:30 am
Outdoor walk/bike ride
Will just ride close to the building.
11:30 am – 12 pm
Reading time
15 mins storylineonline.net
15 minutes reading in room
12:00 pm – 12:15 pm
Laugh time
Each person will have two minutes to draw a funny face and then show it.
12:15 pm – 1 pm
Lunch
Packed Bentgo boxes for kids. Leftover dinner for the teachers.
1pm -3 pm
Nap/Rest time
Do dinner prep so everything is ready for the kids to ‘help’.
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
School time
Khan Academy for 30 mins for Nouri.

Stamping activity when they wake up. (Use stamp book for them to choose a design they want to make and each person will try to make it.)
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Family dinner prep
Salmon and roasted carrots
5:30 pm -6:30 pm
Family dinner
Focus on conversation. We do “Memorable Moments” at dinner in which each person shares something memorable that happened each day.
6:30 pm -7:00 pm
Get ready for bed
7:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Stories and prayers/reflections
I am going to use this time to build a deeper gratitude practice with my kids. We generally express our thanks in our evening prayers but will ask them to think more meaningfully about the things they are thankful for.
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Clean up house and prep for tomorrow
I’m adding one deep clean thing here for each evening to make sure our house stays in good shape.

Today, will skip the deep clean activity to hang out with Dadi!
8:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Social media
9:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Work out, knit, write or do any other hobby
Same videos again today. I will be doing this and this.
10:00 pm – 10:30 pm
One organizational task
I will try to do one organizational thing at this time. 15 min minimum. For today, organize two shelves in my closet.
10:30 pm - Bedtime
Read, watch TV, veg, whatever. Will be trying to sleep by midnight but we tend to sleep on the later side.
I’m going to try to do one maintenance thing each night like nails, fix hair, face mask because I’m the type of person to let it all go when I don’t have to go into work. (Still have not done this even one night…tonight I will try!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...